This website is operated by CHADART Limited. We take your privacy very seriously and therefore urge you to read this policy very carefully because it contains important information on:
- Who we are
- How and why we collect, store, use, and share personal information
- Your rights in relation to your personal information
- How to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Who We Are
We, CHADART LIMITED, collect, use, and are responsible for certain personal information about you and/or your company. When we do so, we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which apply across the European Union and the U.K. We are responsible as controller of that personal information for the purposes of GDPR.
Personal Information We Collect And Use
- Personal information you provide to us:
We collect the following personal information that you provide to us:
- Email address
- Street address
- Contact phone number (to enable delivery of our services)
- Confirmation of age (for entering into a contractual agreement)
Some examples of when we collect this information include:
- When registering for membership and art subscription service
- When making an art purchase
- When signing up for our newsletter or an event
- Personal information you provide about third parties:
If you give us information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and that you shall:
- Consent of their behalf to the processing of their personal data
- Receive any data protection notices on their behalf, and
- Consent on their behalf to the transfer of their persor nal data abroad
- Cookies and similar technologies:
A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your computer or electronic device when you access our website. Similar technologies include action tags, web beacons, local shared objects (flash cookies) and single pixel gifs.
Such technologies can be used to track users’ actions and activities, as well as to store information about them. We use these cookies and/or similar technologies on this website.
- How many times a user visits the website
- Which pages a user visits, and
- Traffic and location data
This information helps us build a profile of our users. Some of this information may be aggregated or statistical which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
Thereafter, you can opt-out of using cookies at any time or you can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However some of our website features may not function as a result.
How And Why We Collect, Store, Use, And Share Your Personal Information
We collect information about our users for the following purposes:
- Identify you
- Manage any accounts you hold with us
- Process your orders
- Conduct research
- Statistical and behavioural analysis
- Carry out customer profiling
- Analyse purchasing preferences
Who your information may be shared with:
We may share your information with law enforcement in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity.
We will not share your personal information with any other third parties.
We would like to send you information about products, services, offers, competitions and our business which may be of interest to you. Such information could be sent by post, email, telephone, text message or automated call.
We will ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages on the first occasion that you provide any relevant contact information such as on purchase, signing up to a newsletter, and entering a competition.
If you do opt-in to receive such marketing from us, you can opt-out at any time – see section on ‘your rights in relation to personal information’ for further information.
If you have any queries about how to opt-out, or if you are receiving messages you do not want, you can contact us using the details provided below.
Whether personal information has to be provided by you and, if so, why:
No personal information has to be provided by you to us at any time, except where needed for us to deliver any service you have requested.
How long will your personal information be kept?:
We will hold your personal information for the following periods:
- Name and address for 6 years to satisfy U.K. tax law
- Email address retained for communication regarding your membership and subscription unless an opt-out instruction is received or membership cancelled
These periods are no longer than necessary in each case.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information:
We rely on the following as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal information
Consequences of our use of your personal information:
Through our use of your personal information, you may be provided with selected product and service information on our website.
This will be matched to your art tastes and preferences, based on purchases to date and any membership events attended.
Keeping your information secure:
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way.
We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will also use technological and organisational measures to keep your information secure. These measures may include the following examples:
- User membership and subscription account access controlled by a unique user name and password
- All data stored on secure servers
- Website protected by SSL
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to secure your personal data, in using the site you acknowledge that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure. For this reason, we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that you are transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us using the details below.
Transfers of your information out of the European Economic Area (EEA):
We will not transfer your personal information outside of the EEA at any time.
Children and the validity of consent:
Where we obtain consent from any user, we will take reasonable steps to ascertain whether the user is over 13 years of age (‘age of digital consent’ under GDPR) and whether the person is sufficiently informed to give valid consent. If the user is not, parental consent will be required for the processing of any personal information.
We will also take reasonable steps to ascertain whether the customer or subscriber is 18 years of age (‘age of contractual capacity’ under English law) or over to be able to sign legally binding contractual agreements.
Your Rights In Relation To Your Personal Information
Under the GDPR you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your personal information
- Access to your personal information and certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is designed to address
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable formats and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Object at any time to the processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing purposes
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or significantly affect you
- Object in certain other circumstances to our continued processing of your personal information
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain situations
- Claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual’s rights under the GDPR – see ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual rights/
If you would like to exercise any of these rights please:
- Email, call, or write to us
- Let us have appropriate information to identify you
- Provide proof of your identity such as a copy of your passport, driving licence, recent credit card or utility bill
From time to time, we may also have other methods to unsubscribe or opt-out from any direct marketing, including examples such as unsubscribe buttons or website links.
If such are offered, please note there may be some period after selecting to unsubscribe in which marketing may still be received while your request is being processed.
We will also attempt to notify users of any changes by email if the user has opted-in to receive emails.
How To Contact Us
If you have any questions about this policy or the information we hold about you, please contact us as follows:
Post: CHADART LIMITED, 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ, England